Best Mash Potato Recipe
Make perfect, creamy mashed potatoes with this recipe and helpful tips. If you're looking for something a little different or lighter, get ready to make the perfect Mash Potato Recipe. Let's start -
Ingredients: 2 1/2 pounds potatoes 2 teaspoons salt, more to taste 3/4 cup whole milk, more as needed 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. wash potatoes with water 2. Peel the potatoes and cut them into medium sized pieces. Put potatoes in a large pan and fill it with water. Add 2 teaspoons of salt to the water.
3. Keep the pan on high flame and when the water starts boiling, reduce the heat and cover the pot. Continue to cook for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
4. Meanwhile, just before the potatoes are cooked, heat the milk in a small pan over medium-high heat.
5. Remove the potatoes from the flame and leave them for 20 -25 seconds till the water dries up. 6.Mash the potatoes with a grinder or masher.
7. While mashing the potatoes, keep adding hot milk, melted butter in between. When it mixes well, add ground black pepper to it. 8. Keep mixing until smooth, adding salt to taste and more milk if needed.
9. Your delicious mash potatoes are ready. 10. Now add salt as per taste Place the potatoes in a serving bowl and serve immediately.